Ledger Most Likely To Win Oscar For Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role
February 22, 2009
By Ane Howard
HOLLYWOOD,(RushPRnews/Hollywood Today) 02/22/09
- Heath Ledger the favorite for a posthumous Oscar win for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for his possessed performance as The Joker in "The Dark Knight", his final note on the short well-lived score that was his life.
Nevertheless he will face some serious competition. Who could forget Robert Downey Jr's
hypnotic performance in “Tropic Thunder” a
s an white American actor playing an Australian actor playing a black man, so obsessed with academy recognition, that reality becomes completely blurred for the role? And funny to boot.
seen in “Revolutionary Road”
is not a household name but should after this Oscars evening. He was brilliant and yes appropriately disturbing as a mental patient who sees thing, god-all-too-clearly and speaks his mind about it.
Philip Seymour Hoffman will be remembered for his subtle, and nuanced performance of a parish priest under suspicion for questionable behavior in “Doubt,” but then again, is he ever anything else but brilliant.
Performance by an actor in a supporting role
* Josh Brolin in “Milk” (Focus Features)
* Robert Downey Jr. in “Tropic Thunder” (DreamWorks, Distributed by DreamWorks/Paramount)
* Philip Seymour Hoffman in “Doubt” (Miramax)
* Heath Ledger in “The Dark Knight” (Warner Bros.)
* Michael Shannon in “Revolutionary Road” (DreamWorks, Distributed by Paramount Vantage)
About the author:
Ane Howard is a freelance reporter for Hollywood Today .You may write her at email@example.com
ENTERTAINMENT, FILM, Awards, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Article-byline
RUSH PR NEWS newswire and press release services at rushprnews.com / Anne Howard annehowardpublicist.com
Content- Legal Responsibility - All material is copyrighted - You may repost but you MUST link back to the original post on your page and acknowledge Rush PR News as the news source. Rush PR News is not legally and/or morally responsible for content of press releases, opinions expressed or fact-checking.
Rush PR News cannot be held legally responsible for material published and distributed through its newswire service or published in its press-room and therefore cannot be sued for published material. Third-party must be contacted directly to dispute content.
Rush PR News is not the contact for material published.