October 23, 2009
LOS ANGELES (RPRN) 10/23/09 — Michael Jackson’s This Is It opens on Tuesday night, with more than 1,000 showtimes already sold out on Fandango. We’ll be in line with the fans all day Tuesday and available at all hours to witness and comment on the enthusiasm of the gathering crowds – and offer the latest ticketing numbers. Below you’ll find the latest stats from Fandango, based on an online survey of more than 2,000 interested “This Is It” moviegoers during the past week. With best wishes for a wonderful weekend,
* 13% of “This Is It” moviegoers plan to see the film on opening night; 15% will see it on Wednesday; 57% will see it some other time during the opening week; 15% will see it at some point during the second week of release.
* 45% said they plan to see it more than once in the theater.
* 76% have never seen Michael Jackson performing live in concert.
* 82% said the main draw for them is the chance to celebrate Michael’s life with an audience of fellow fans.
* 91% own Michael Jackson albums; 66% of those album owners own more than three of them.
* 41% of ticket-buyers are 35-49; 24% are 25-34.
* 84% of respondents are female.
* 70% of respondents have attempted to do the Thriller dance at least once in their lifetime.
Fandango Five – Ticket Sales (as of 10/23/09 12:00 noon PT)
Movie Fandango User Rating % Fandango Sales
Michael Jackson’s This Is It “Go” 32%
The Twilight Saga: New Moon “Must Go” 19%
Saw VI “Go” 17%
Paranormal Activity “Go” 10%
Where the Wild Things Are “Go” 8%
One of the Web’s top movie and entertainment destinations, Fandango sells tickets to more than 16,000 screens. Fandango entertains and informs consumers with reviews, commentary and trailers, and offers the ability to quickly select a film, plan where and when to see it, and conveniently buy tickets in advance. Fandango is available at www.fandango.com, 1-800-FANDANGO and via your wireless mobile device at mobile.fandango.com. Fandango is a unit of Comcast Interactive Media.
Fandango theater partners include the nation’s leading exhibitors: AMC Theatres, Carmike Cinemas, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, Edwards Theatres, Regal Cinemas and United Artists Theatres, as well as American Cinematheque, Brenden Theatres, CineArts Theatres, Cinebarre, Cobb Theatres, Hollywood Theatres, IMAX, Kerasotes Theatres, Majestic Crest Theatre, Premiere Theatres, R/C Theatres, Wehrenberg Theatres and Winchester Theatres.
Harry Medved/Fandango (310-954-0461; firstname.lastname@example.org ) Melinda Petrow/Fandango (310-954-0278, ext. 231; email@example.com)
Ane Howard is a freelance reporter for Hollywood Today .You may write her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Content- Legal Responsibility - All material is copyrighted - You may repost but you MUST link back to the original post on your page and acknowledge Rush PR News as the news source. Rush PR News is not legally and/or morally responsible for content of press releases, opinions expressed or fact-checking.
Rush PR News cannot be held legally responsible for material published and distributed through its newswire service or published in its press-room and therefore cannot be sued for published material. Third-party must be contacted directly to dispute content.
Rush PR News is not the contact for material published.