The California State Bar Presents “Law Firm Management & Marketing For Tough Economic Times”
San Francisco, CA (RPRN) 5/19/09 — The Litigation Section of the California State Bar presents a live webinar on “Law Firm Management & Marketing For Tough Economic Times” from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. (Pacific Time) on May 20, 2009. Sign up at the State Bar website. In the current economic down turn, lawyers must focus more than ever on the fundamentals of their business. Whether an attorney works at a law firm or practices as a solo, smart management and marketing is vital to surviving today and laying the foundation to thrive tomorrow.
This webinar will give tips on what a lawyer can do today, tomorrow and in the next 100 days to combat the recession.
The webinar will cover:
* Five Steps Any Size Firm Can Take Tomorrow for Better Management
* Rate Concessions or Alternatives to the Hourly Rate as a Strategy for Client Retention and Attraction
* Getting Your Firm’s Lawyers Involved in Marketing and Business Development
* Does the World Really Need Another Lawyer Blog? Yes, and Why It’s Not Too Late To Join the Blogosphere
* Using LinkedIn and Other Social Networking Sites for Marketing
The panel includes: Arthur J. Shartsis, an active trial lawyer and senior manager of Shartsis Friese LLP, San Francisco; Peter Zeughauser, law firm consultant and founder of The Zeughauser Group, Newport Beach; Victoria Spang, Chief Marketing Officer of Sheppard Mullin, Los Angeles. The moderator is David B. Newdorf, a San Francisco business litigator and member of the Executive Committee of the State Bar’s Litigation Section.