Mischa Barton Back on Her Feet, Ready to Work

Publicist says ‘Beautiful Life’ actress will start filming Friday

By Matthew B. Zeidman

LOS ANGELES (RPRN/Hollywood Today) 7/29/2009-–Mischa Barton’s publicist told several media outlets his fashionista client was out of the hospital and back on her feet Monday, putting no end to speculation about the precise condition that caused the “O.C.” starlet to be involuntarily committed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center’s psychiatric ward nearly two weeks ago.

Publicist Craig Schneider announced that Barton was fully prepared to begin filming “The Beautiful Life,” the CW Network’s second New-York-based teen drama, on Friday. Though primary shooting was originally scheduled to begin in the Big Apple on July 22, it was delayed shortly after Barton’s hospitalization, allegedly due to set-building difficulties.

Barton was taken to the Los Angeles medical center by police on July 15, after they responded to the actress’ home for reasons unknown and declared the 23-year-old London native a danger to herself or others. Last week, Schneider announced that Barton had decided to remain in the hospital’s care beyond the mandatory 72 hours of psychiatric observation on the advice of her doctor.