Rihanna Testimony Blackout

HOLLYWOOD (RPRN) 6/19/2009–Rihanna’s testimony against ex-boyfriend Chris Brown will not be televised. The Barbadian pop star is expected to be called by prosecutors as a witness next Monday (22.06.09) in the preliminary hearing for Brown’s trial for allegedly assaulting her in February. Although Rihanna, 22, may take the stand in the preliminary hearing, to be held in a Los Angeles courtroom, the judge has denied requests for TV crews to be allowed in the courtroom. A sketch artist will, however, be permitted.

Rihanna – whose real name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty – has cleared her schedule so she can be in court if she is required to give evidence.

Her lawyer Donald Etra has been told by prosecutors the ‘Umbrella’ singer is likely to be called.

Etra said: “She will definitely comply with the subpoena and any court order.”

Rihanna has previously accepted a subpoena request from the local District Attorney for the hearing – meaning she has to give evidence if either the defence or the prosecution ask require it.

Brown, 20, has pleaded not guilty to charges of felony assault and making criminal threats in relation to the alleged incident.