Fandango asked Oscar viewers to pick the “Biggest Snubs” and “Best and Worst Moments” of last night’s Academy Awards telecast – and if you’d like to speak to one of our movie experts about the Oscar show survey today, please do contact us at 310-954-0461. Here are the results, as of 7:00 a.m. PT, based on online polls on our site:
What was the biggest snub of the evening?
- Avatar losing for Best Picture: 57%
- Inglourious Basterds’s Quentin Tarantino losing for Best Original Screenplay: 21%
- Avatar’s James Cameron losing for Best Director: 10%
- Julie and Julia’s Meryl Streep losing for Best Actress: 8%
- Up in the Air’s Jason Reitman & Sheldon Turner losing for Best Adapted Screenplay: 4%
What was the best moment of the Academy Awards Show?
- Best Actress winner Sandra Bullock’s speech 32%
- Ben Stiller as an Avatar Na’vi: 20%
- Salutes to nominated actors from fellow performers: 12%
- John Hughes tribute 11%
- Best Director winner Kathryn Bigelow’s speech: 10%
- Best Actor winner Jeff Bridges’ speech: 8%
- Best Animated Feature characters explaining what Oscar nomination means to them 4%
- Steve Martin & Alec Baldwin in their Paranormal Activity skit: 3%
What was the worst moment of the Academy Awards Show?
- Dancing to The Hurt Locker music and other Best Score themes: 28%
- Tom Hanks rushing to read the Best Picture Winner without announcing the nominees: 27%
- Sean Penn’s mumbling introduction to the Best Actress presentation: 21%
- The Music by Prudence producer interrupting her colleague’s acceptance speech: 14%
- Neil Patrick Harris’ introductory song & dance: 5%
- Kristen Stewart & Taylor Lautner introducing a film clip tribute to horror movies: 2%