Film Fans Pick "Avatar" as Oscar's Top Snub; Poll Results on Show's Best & Worst Moments
March 8, 2010
Zoe Saldana is Neytiri
Los Angeles, CA (rushPRnews) 03/08/10 — Fandango asked Oscar viewers to pick the “Biggest Snubs” and “Best and Worst Moments” of last night’s Academy Awards telecast – and if you’d like to speak to one of our movie experts about the Oscar show survey today, please do contact us at 310-954-0461. Here are the results, as of 7:00 a.m. PT, based on online polls on our site:
What was the biggest snub of the evening?
- Avatar losing for Best Picture: 57%
- Inglourious Basterds’s Quentin Tarantino losing for Best Original Screenplay: 21%
- Avatar’s James Cameron losing for Best Director: 10%
- Julie and Julia’s Meryl Streep losing for Best Actress: 8%
- Up in the Air’s Jason Reitman & Sheldon Turner losing for Best Adapted Screenplay: 4%
What was the best moment of the Academy Awards Show?
- Best Actress winner Sandra Bullock’s speech 32%
- Ben Stiller as an Avatar Na’vi: 20%
- Salutes to nominated actors from fellow performers: 12%
Hughes tribute 11%
|The Hurt Locker- Avatar
- Best Director winner Kathryn Bigelow’s speech: 10%
- Best Actor winner Jeff Bridges’ speech: 8%
- Best Animated Feature characters explaining what Oscar nomination means to them 4%
- Steve Martin & Alec Baldwin in their Paranormal Activity skit: 3%
What was the worst moment of the Academy Awards Show?
- Dancing to The Hurt Locker music and other Best Score themes: 28%
- Tom Hanks rushing to read the Best Picture Winner without announcing the nominees: 27%
- Sean Penn’s mumbling introduction to the Best Actress presentation: 21%
- The Music by Prudence producer interrupting her colleague’s acceptance speech: 14%
- Neil Patrick Harris’ introductory song & dance: 5%
- Kristen Stewart & Taylor Lautner introducing a film clip tribute to horror movies: 2%
Best wishes for a great week, Harry Medved/Fandango (310-954-0461, firstname.lastname@example.org); Melinda Petrow/Fandango (310-954-0278, ext. 231, email@example.com)
Media Contact Name:
Company Contact Name:
310-954-0278, ext. 231
Main image credits: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=media&img=24692&id=avatar.htm
About the author:
Ane Howard is a freelance reporter for Hollywood Today .You may write her at firstname.lastname@example.org
BREAKING NEWS, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, FILM, PRESS RELEASE
RUSH PR NEWS newswire and press release services at rushprnews.com / AH Marketing ahmarketinggroup.com
Content- Legal Responsibility - All material is copyrighted - You may repost but you MUST link back to the original post on your page and acknowledge Rush PR News as the news source. Rush PR News is not legally and/or morally responsible for content of press releases, opinions expressed or fact-checking.
Rush PR News cannot be held legally responsible for material published and distributed through its newswire service or published in its press-room and therefore cannot be sued for published material. Third-party must be contacted directly to dispute content.
Rush PR News is not the contact for material published.